Dr. Robert Shackelford, is a highly-trained and knowledgeable dentist with more than 25 years of experience in his field. He offers unparalleled expertise to get your teeth and gums into the best health of your life, no matter what your dental concerns may be.
Being an Atlanta native, Dr. Robert Shackelford has been practicing dentistry in north Georgia since 1984. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Georgia State University in 1979 and was awarded the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from Emory University School of Dentistry in 1984. In 2002 he moved his dental office from Alpharetta to his current location in Johns Creek, allowing him a more spacious environment and the ability to add new equipment such as the Waterlase MD and others so as to offer his patients the most state of the art treatment options available today.
Dr. Shackelford continues to improve his craft by taking an average of 70 units of continuing education annually. This includes training at the Dawson Center For the Advancement of Dentistry, the Georgia Dental Association, and other accredited institutions.
Affiliations with professional organizations include:
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- Northern District Dental Association
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Thomas P. Hinman Dental Society
Dr. Shackelford is active in the community and is a member of the Johns Creek Business Association and The Cumming-Forsyth Chamber of Commerce. He is married and has two children. He enjoys playing golf in his leisure time. He and his family are members of Perimeter Presbyterian Church.
Dr. Robert Shackelford & the Founding of Dentistry of Johns Creek
Dentistry of Johns Creek is located in the heart of Johns Creek, GA. Dr. Robert Shackelford grew up in Atlanta and when he graduated from dental school he moved his family north of Atlanta to Alpharetta, GA and opened his first dental office. At the time, 25 years ago, north Georgia was quite different from the community it has become. Alpharetta was growing rapidly as were surrounding towns of Roswell, Duluth, Suwanee and adjoining Forsyth and Gwinnett counties.
In 1981, the founders of “Technology Park/Atlanta” purchased 1,700 acres of rural land along McGinnis Ferry Road and Medlock Bridge Road/GA 141 to build a second campus and master planned community. They found the name Johns Creek on an old map and named this new community “Technology Park/Johns Creek”. From that point forward, the growth of Johns Creek grew to become the home of 200 companies and families migrated to the Johns Creek community by the thousands.
Dr. Robert Shackelford moved his dental office and his family to the community of Johns Creek in 1998. With such rapid growth in the community, he felt that this would be an excellent location for him to grow his already established patient base from the Alpharetta location. It has proven to be just that and he continues to add patients every month from Johns Creek as well as surrounding towns of Cumming, Duluth, Milton, and Suwanee.
About Johns Creek
Statistics from the 2010 Census, the population was estimated at 76,728. Metro Atlanta has a population of 5.2 million, as was reported as the fasting growing metropolitan region in the U.S. as reported by Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
One of the things that drew Dr. Shackelford to this North Atlanta community was its vibrant culture and economic growth. However, it was far enough away from the big city to take advantage of a quieter lifestyle.
Johns Creek is made up largely of a white collar, a professional population with an attractive low cost of living and high employment rate. Education is important to the residents of Johns Creek and families have poured time and money to make the strongest in the state.
Dr. Robert Shackelford has been proud to be a family dentist of Johns Creek and surrounding communities. He invites you to become one of his dental patients at 3915 Johns Creek Court, Suite 110, Suwanee, GA. Call to make an appointment 770-442-8472.
What Makes Our Dental Practice Unique?
- We treat the entire family focusing on helping you or your child achieve a beautiful smile with ease.
- We deliver quality comprehensive dental care, providing patients with early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of oral health issues.
- We use the newest technology to detect and diagnose tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancers, and other oral health issues.
- We provide the best treatment options for your individual needs to protect and preserve your teeth.
- We have convenient office hours, phone or online appointment reminders, in order to make it easy for our patients to fit their dental visits into their busy schedules.
- We are straightforward, thorough, and informative. Patients are never left in the dark; we keep our patients informed of their progress every step of the way.