At Dentistry of Johns Creek, Dr. Robert Shackelford and his dental care team are dedicated to providing their patients with the highest level of dentistry in a healthy and comfortable fashion. Their goal is to make you feel as good, or even better than, when you entered the office. Of course, that includes bettering both your oral and overall health!
Our preventative dentistry benefits your whole body because healthy teeth lead to an overall healthy you. Our office uses new technology to diagnose tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancers, and other oral health issues in order to provide better treatments that protect and preserve your teeth.
Preventative Dental Services
- Teeth Cleaning – Teeth cleaning and dental checkups will keep your teeth healthy and strong. Because the mouth is the gateway to your entire body, regular teeth cleanings and dental checkups can help keep the rest of you healthy as well!
- Oral Cancer screening – Dr. Shackelford will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Hygiene – During your thorough cleaning treatment, we will educate you about the importance of gum health and overall health and explain what you can do to improve both.
- X-rays – Our X-rays are digital, so they are low in radiation and very precise. Dr. Shackelford will use your x-rays to help him evaluate or spot decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Examination of tooth decay – We make sure to check all tooth surfaces for decay with special instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations – We’ll check you current dental fillings, crowns, etc. to make sure that they are in good shape and doing the job.
- Sealants – A clear resin material placed in the deep grooves on the chewing surfaces of teeth. These groves are more prone to tooth decay and cavities, but sealants protect those chewing surfaces from acid or any other harmful bacteria.
- Gum disease evaluation – We will carefully check your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease. We probe six different spots around each tooth on every patient at every visit. These probings are archived for reference at each subsequent visit.
- Periodontal gum therapy – To get your gums healthy again, we offer therapy ranging from routine treatment to a through cleaning that eliminates plaque, tartar, toxins, and unhealthy tissues using a soft tissue laser – a favorite among patients.
- Mouth guards – Custom-fitted mouth-guards protect teeth from unexpected trauma, especially in contact sports. Professionally made mouth-guards are far superior to over-the-counter mouth-guards because they are personalized to your bite, which makes for a much more comfortable fit.
- Sleep apnea treatment – Caused by oxygen deprivation, sleep apnea can wreak havoc on your life. Dentistry of Johns Creek can provide the solution to your sleep apnea problem.
We appreciate all of our dental patients at Dentistry of Johns Creek. You can count on our personal attention and commitment to your health and well-being! We are located in the heart of Johns Creek and have patients from Alpharetta, Roswell, Cumming, Duluth, and Suwanee.